Madison Medical Center's goal is to provide excellent service, and accessible health care to the citizens of Madison County, and the surrounding counties of Wayne, St. Francois, Iron and Bollinger.
Madison Medical Center is centrally located, just off Highway 67 in Fredericktown, MO.
Madison Medical Center is licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and affiliated with the SSM health care network. Madison Medical Center's highly qualified dedicated staff of over 325 employees is committed to providing the best in modern health care for our patients. Madison Medical Center provides a broad scope of services to our community, covering most of the necessary health care needs encountered by the average family. Madison Medical Center offers the following services:
- HOSPITAL - Comprehensive Medical Care
- NURSING HOME - A licensed Nursing Facility (Intermediate & Skilled)
- HOME HEALTH CARE - Services provided by Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists & Home Health Aides
- ARCADIA VALLEY FAMILY CLINIC - Office visits provided to the Arcadia Valley area at 200 St. Mary, PO Box 523, Pilot Knob, MO 63663. Please phone 573-546-7000 for an appointment. Walk-Ins Welcome!
- OUTPATIENT CLINIC - Specialized Services provided by Licensed Physicians and Surgeons
Madison Medical Center was completed and opened on March 1, 1961. It was originally founded by a group of dedicated area citizens and was one of the first hospitals in Missouri to be built under the Hill-Burton funding program. Many additional services and departments have been added throughout the years. Stockhoff Memorial Nursing Home was constructed and opened in 1982. It was named after Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Stockhoff, who were major contributors of funds for the building, an amount totaling $325,000. A major addition of nearly 30,000 square feet was opened in March 1998, consisting of brand new acute care, surgical, and admission areas.
Madison Medical Center is organized as a not-for-profit county governmental facility. The hospital is a Critical Access Facility licensed for 25 beds, including a Medicare Swing Bed extended care program. Stockhoff Memorial Nursing Home operates under Madison Medical Center and is a 123 bed long term care nursing facility. The organization is governed by an elected five member Board of Trustees. Following is a list of the current Board Members:
- Kent Marler - Chairperson
- Ruth Ann Skaggs - Vice Chairperson
- Larry Hunt - Secretary/Treasurer
- Denny Ward - Member
- Connie Matthews - Member
The administrator is Lisa Twidwell.
This facility does not deny admission to people with a communicable disease, including but not limited to HIV, MRSA, and Hepatitis B, unless the State Health Department has concurred in the decision on a case-by-case basis. It is the policy of this facility that discrimination on the basis of race, age, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, political affiliation, mental status or handicap is strictly forbidden in admitting or treating patients. Madison Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with services and programs provided on a Non-Discriminatory Basis.